Nothing fills the home with more festive cheer than a big, beautiful Christmas tree. But setting up a Christmas tree and expertly decorating it is no small feat.
It can be time-consuming (where did you put that dusty box of ornaments?), requires some creative flair, and can look like a jumbled mess when the wrong family member (cough cough, grandad!) is put in charge.
But if you follow Cadbury’s Christmas tree steps, you’ll have a mesmerising tree and save a lot of time…
Five easy steps to a beautifully decorated Christmas tree
Getting some tips on how to set up a Cadbury-inspired Christmas tree – 1. Lights ✔2. Garlands like your tinsel & ribbon ✔3. Big ornaments ✔ 4. Your tree topper ✔ 5. Fill in the gaps with your smaller ornaments ✔ And there you go ?#ACadburyChristmas pic.twitter.com/L5D74N5MQF
— Essentials magazine (@essentialsmagSA) November 13, 2018
1. Lights – The enchanting base of every good tree is the right amount of pretty flickering lights. To make the effect more impactful, feed your strand of lights in a zig-zag pattern from top to bottom instead of looping them around – plus, this tip will make this step a lot easier.
2. Garlands – This step is for your tinsel, beads and ribbons. Again, avoid looping your tinsel or ribbons around the tree as it might get lost in all the branches. Instead, zig zag it down from top to bottom, tying it around a branch to start off with. Or loop garlands in and out of each tier moving down from top to bottom – this tip works best with wired ribbon.
3. Big ornaments – Dig through your Christmas decoration box and get out all your big ornaments first. Dot these around the tree in a zig-zag formation, too.
4. Your tree topper – Once all your big ornaments are in place, start planning the design of your tree topper. And in this case, your tree topper is not just the star or angel that sits on top, but all the decorations that sit around it and bring your attention towards the top of the tree. To do this, layer your different decorations for maximum effect – gather some ornaments, decorative sticks or greenery, and some ribbon and place it on the top tier under your tree topper.
5. Fill in the gaps – Whatever is left in your decoration box, is still in good shape and fits your Christmas tree theme, can be used to fill in any areas that look bare. You’ll want to choose your smaller ornaments for this step or get your hands on some decorative sticks or greenery to add some interesting visual layers to your tree. And be sure to add the Cadbury Baubles from the Cadbury Festive Collection which are filled with delicious Cadbury mini treats like Flake, Bubbly, Top Deck and Dairy Milk.
Thanks, Cadbury, and happy decorating!
Complete the competition form below and stand a chance to win a Cadbury Christmas hamper!
The Cadbury Christmas hamper includes a 1m green Christmas tree, two Cadbury Baubles, a pack of Snowballs, a Whisper slab and a Cadbury festive storybook.
Please note: Our competition forms require you to be a newsletter subscriber for a successful entry.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.
This competition closes on 18 December 2018.
Terms and conditions apply.