Super slow-cooked lamb
- 2kg shoulder of lamb, on the bone
- 300ml dry sherry or dry white wine
- 4 tbsp dukkah spice mix
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- 3 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- For the spice rub
- 2 tsp cardamom pods
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 cloves and 1 tsp black pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon, finely grated
- To make the rub: crush the cardamom pods using a mortar and pestle, then remove the husks and discard. Add the remaining spices, crush and mix well. Next, add the lemon zest and mix again. Score the skin of the lamb and push the rub into the flesh. Put the joint into a non-metallic dish and pour over half the sherry or wine. Cover and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Put the lamb into a roasting tin. Heat the oven to 130°C. Add the remaining sherry or wine, cover and cook for 4 hr 30 min. To crisp, grill for 10 min or until browned.
- To serve, pull the lamb away from the bone with 2 forks, then scatter with the dukkah, pomegranate and mint, and squeeze over the lemon juice.