With school holidays here and Christmas nearly upon us, why not kill two birds with one stone and keep your children busy with these Christmas craft ideas for kids AND get your festive decor sorted at the same time?
1. Salt dough decorations are simple enough for even the tiniest tots to make (with a little help) and older kids can let their creativity loose and make more complex patterns and shapes.
2. It wouldn’t be Christmas without a few snow globes, and with our step-by-step they don’t have to cost a fortune. You can put anything you like inside, monsters, dinosaurs — whatever keeps the kids happy.
3. Older children will love making these cute felt angels. Hang them up on the tree or string them up an make some sweet Christmas bunting.
4. Set up a production line and get the kids to make loads of mini rustic twig and ribbon trees. You can use them as place settings on Christmas Day, stick them onto cards or hang them on the big tree.
5. All you need to keep the kids busy for an afternoon is some felt and glue to make Ollie the Christmas owl. You’ll have happy children and a flock of festive owls to dot around the house.
6. A gingerbread house has got to be one of our favourite Christmas craft ideas for kids because you get to eat all your hard work afterwards. If you’re feeling really ambitious, why not make a gingerbread village?
7. The best thing about these cute peg dolls is that after they make them, children can use their imaginations and play with them. They also make cute gifts for friends.
8. Although these ballerina cut-outs don’t scream ‘Christmas’, that’s why we like them! Easy to make and really effective if you string them all up together with some fairy lights.
9. Cute and simple felt trees are a great way to introduce kids to sewing. Use them to decorate presents and add Christmas cheer to anything you like.
10. Christmas tree decorations that taste as good as they look? Yes please! If you’d rather not hang these gingerbread tree decorations on the tree, make a big batch and give them away as presents.
Need more craft to keep the kids busy during the holidays? We’ve got 10 more kids craft ideas without the festive flair.