As the end of the year approaches, it’s time to start thinking about thanking those amazing people who’ve nurtured, taught and put up with our kids all year. We’re talking about your kids’ incredible teachers, of course!
Handmade gifts are so special to give and receive – not to mention they’re budget friendly – and that’s why we’ve got loads of handmade gift ideas for teachers for you and the kids to make. Plus it’s a fun way to keep kids busy over the weekends while you’re trying to get everything sorted out for the festive season.
11 gift ideas for teachers that kids can make
1. This pretty succulent in a jar is easy to make and is incredibly cost effective (not to mention that it’s very trendy at the moment), plus the kids can do it all themselves. Win-win!
2. A few of these tin can lights look so sweet together on an outside table. They’ll add the perfect touch to a special teacher’s outdoor space.
3. Take the usual smellies up a notch by making them yourself — it’s easier than you think! If you’ve got a lavender bush in your garden, why not make some lavender oil? It’ll be cheap as chips and will help your kid’s favourite teacher relax after a hard day at work. Or whip up some almond cream or homemade soap — let the kids choose what essential oils to put in.
4. For a handmade gift idea that’s a little different, put together a DIY face mask kit — just put all the ingredients in a jar and attach some instructions on how to use them. Or, if you think your kids’ teachers would appreciate a DIY cookie kit more, here’s how to whip one up.
5. Got extra teacups lying around? Turn them into these adorable teacup candles, which make super-cute, super-special presents.
6. No list of handmade gift ideas for teachers would be complete without something completely decadent and OTT, and that’s where these double chocolate caramels come in.
7. Anyone with a sweet tooth will love getting some creamy pecan fudge. You’d better make a double batch though, half of it is guaranteed to get eaten along the way.
8. Nothing says, ‘thanks for being amazing’ like chocolate. And nothing says, ‘teacher’s pet’ like handmade rich chocolate truffles!
9. For an extra Christmassy feel, get the cookie cutters and edible glitter out and go wild making some glam glitzy cookies. Just pop them in a cellophane bag, tie on some festive ribbon and voila, happy teacher.
10. Looking for a handmade gift idea for your child’s teachers that’s easy, edible and won’t cost an arm and a leg? It’s easy to make loads of these cute gingerbread men, so everyone can have one!
11. What teacher doesn’t need a bit of pampering at the end of the year? A jar of brown sugar exfoliating body scrub takes 5 minutes to put together, costs next to nothing and will be so appreciated!