- White leather is so sophisticated – and more importantly, so easy to wipe clean! It’s also a refreshing hue to lighten a room.
- Use mirror-backed shelving to show off treasured possessions.
- Use a black frame on a neutral wall to make your favourite photos stand out.
- Central mirrors in a cupboard give the illusion of extra space. Add a touch of pretty with patterned fabrics.
- Clean lines and chrome finishes make for an ultra-stylish finish, particularly in the bathroom.
- Use the space under a staircase by creating pullout drawers that the whole family can store things in.
- Add colour to a monochrome look by introducing brightly coloured stools or chairs. This works well in a kitchen space around an island.The kitchen island is also useful as a storage space for cookbooks, herbs and spices, too.
Here are some great buys to help with developing a modern style in your home:
- Picture frame, R349, Country Road.
- Diamond tiered hour glass, R169,99, Mr Price Home.
- Candle, R65, Woolworths.
- Red pod vase, R129,99, Sheet Street.
- Vintage Vespa ornament, R259,99 Mr Price Home.
Please note that these prices were correct at the time of publishing. Prices and availability of stock are subject to change at the discretion of the supplier.