With our lives being as busy as they are, we all need a peaceful place to escape to, and that space should be our homes. Turquoise is an incredibly calming colour, and one that goes with so many other hues (yellow, purple, fuchsia, coral — to name a few).
Here are 5 ways to make your space that much more tranquil by using the colour turquoise…
1. Decorative bits and bobs are always an easy way to bring in a pop of colour. These tealight candle holders are not only an inexpensive way to bring in some turquoise, but they’re also super practical… especially with all that load shedding. (R65; R9,99; both Woolworths)
2. There’s nothing like an interesting piece of art to add some character to a room. Choose the right piece in the right colours, like this piece from @home (R999), and your art can have an incredibly calming effect, too.
3. You’ve heard it before, but we’ll say it again: a subtle way to add or try out a new colour in your home is to introduce it in your cutlery or crockery. Plates, bowls, jugs or glasses and tumblers will add a colour pop — especially if you have glass cabinets to display them in. (Tumbler, R15,99; wine glass, R19,99; both Mr Price Home)
4. Try something a little quirky and different, like this fabulous radio (R699, Sunnylife at Superbalist). Even if it lives in your child’s room and makes appearances when entertaining (you can house your music-playing device inside it and play music from it), it’s sure to make a statement.
5. As always, there’s our favourite way to add a new décor element — the scatter cushion! Why not pair these two for the ultimate tranquil turquoise effect? (R349 to R499, Cotton On; R349, Country Road)