With the summer sun shining outside, we all want to give our homes an update. Pack away the dark throws and pillows and add some bright colour to give your home a little lift.
Read more: 19 home décor tips that won’t break the bank
Here are some easy tips on how to add colour to your home, without having to paint walls or resort to any other drastic changes:
- Add a few throw pillows and some brightly coloured throws. You can add a bold coloured rug or runner too.
- Why not paint a boring piece of furniture a lovely bright colour. Chalk paint makes this so easy.
- Find a fabulous piece of fabric and use it as a décor feature for a wall, you could either frame it or, using Mod Podge, you could place it on a canvas.
- Accessories are the easiest way to add colour; try a bright vase or statue or even some lovely bright kitchen utensils.
- Flowers are an easy and gorgeous way to add colour, place them into one large vase or spread them out among some cleaned glass jars for a very up-to-date look.