This stencil art idea is foolproof and will make for a pretty addition to your Easter decorations. And if you have a little kid, you can always hang it up in their room afterwards.
Read more: How to make bunny bunting for Easter
We stencilled a bunny (complete with a fluffy tail) and a singing bird, but you can stencil whatever you like by just following our easy steps.
What you will need
- 2xA4 stretched canvasses
- Bunny and bird templates
- A4 Acetate
- Masking tape
- Acrylic paints
- Stencil brush
- Large pom-pom
How to stencil a bunny onto hessian fabric
- Cut and stick a piece of hessian in the middle of each stretched canvas and leave to dry completely.
- Print the bunny template on a sheet of A4 acetate, then cut out the shape to create a stencil.
- Place the stencil on the hessian and use masking tape to hold it in position.
- Using a stencil brush, apply a little pink acrylic paint in a circular motion over the stencil. Carefully lift the stencil and allow to dry.
- Glue a large pom-pom to the bunny’s bottom.
Top Tip: You could also create a bird picture by making a stencil as before, but using blue paint for the bird and green for the leaves.