Handmade Christmas tree decorations will add the perfect touch to your festive decor — get the kids to make these sweet little angels, then hang them on the tree or secure them to a length of ribbon to make some angel bunting. If your kids are too young to use the sewing machine, just do that part with them, or use a needle and thread instead.
What you need to make your Christmas tree decorations:
- White felt
- Embroidery thread
- Silver glitter pen
- Light yellow felt
- Sewing machine
- White lace trim
Now it’s time to make your Christmas angels
1. Download and print the Christmas angel template. Cut out two body pieces, two wings and two feet from white felt.
2. Place the wings between the body pieces, then sew around the body just in from the edge. Add a loop of thread to the head.
3. Cut the triangle centre section from white felt and sew it on the front. Decorate the centre triangle and wings with the glitter pen.
4. Cut out a circle of yellow felt for the halo. Make a small hole in the middle and thread the hanging loop through it.
5. Glue on the feet and some lace trim to make it extra special.