Treat your mom to a little bling this Mother’s Day, plus this pretty décor piece will help keep her jewellery in order. If you think your mom would prefer less bling, go for a silver or rose-gold finish instead. It’s an easy DIY project and it will give your mom some serious bragging rights.
What you’ll need to make a gold-dipped trinket tray:
- Dry cloth
- Candle dish
- Masking tape
- Dust sheet
- White surface primer spray
- Gold metallic spray paint (or the metallic colour of your choice)
Read more: 25 Mother’s Day gift ideas under R300
How to make a gold-dipped trinket tray:
- Wipe down the surface of your candle dish with a dry cloth to remove any dust.
- Use masking tape to mark out a division that will separate the gold and white sections of the candle dish and stick firmly into place to ensure neat, crisp lines. Cover the rest of the white section with tape.
- Working outside on a dust sheet, apply a layer of primer spray to the sectioned-off portion of the candle dish. Leave to dry completely, then apply a coat of gold spray paint, keeping the can at least 20cm from the surface to ensure even coverage. Peel off the tape and leave to dry before using.