Whip up a few cute paper craft birds to hang from your tree or garland. This DIY paper craft bird activity is fun for the whole family, plus it’s a great way to upcycle old books or magazines.
What you’ll need to make your paper craft bird:
✶ Template – see below ✶ Cardboard ✶ Newspaper or pages from an old book ✶ Wrapping paper ✶ Glue ✶ Ribbon
7 fun steps and to your perfect little bird!
- Download and print the template for your paper craft bird. Use it to cut out one body, one tail and two wings from the cardboard.
- Stick the pages from an old book onto the body and one wing and cut out around the outline.
- Cut out a tail from wrapping paper and stick it to the cardboard tail. Fold the tail in a fan.
- Cut out a wing from wrapping paper and stick it to the cardboard wing.
- Stick the wings on each side of the body so you can see the wrapping paper wing from the front.
- Now stick the tail on the back of the bird so the wrapping paper is on the outside.
- Use a peg to hold the tail in place until it’s dry. Stick a loop of ribbon onto the back and hang it up.
Carry the Christmas crafts through to the rest of the house with these DIY creative Christmas stockings, a starry garland or a cute Christmas wreath. And if you want to keep the kids happy for a whole afternoon, why not make your very own gingerbread house?