Why not add a personal touch to your Christmas decorations? Create unique and eye-catching Christmas baubles by following these simple step-by-step instructions courtesy of Dremel — use them as a table centrepiece or to adorn the Christmas tree.
You will need:
- A Dremel 3000 with a Flexshaft 225, and Diamond Wheel Engraving Point 7105
- Dremel Glue Gun 930
- 7-mm clear glue and sliver glitter glue sticks
- Glue Pad GG40 to place the heated glue gun on while not in use.
- 8 cm diameter clear glass Christmas baubles
- White and crystal fine glitter
- A hand towel or soft cloth
- Step 1: Fold the towel or cloth to create a cushioned surface for the glass bauble. Use the Dremel 3000 with the Flexshaft and diamond wheel engraving point to engrave a series of large and small snowflakes onto the bauble, leaving gaps in-between the designs. Be sure not to apply pressure to the surface while engraving, or the bauble may shatter.
- Step 2: Once the engraving is complete, set the Dremel Glue Gun 930 to the cool heat setting and allow it to heat up. Once it’s warm enough, use the glue gun with the glue stick to draw delicate snowflake images with the glue between the engraved snowflakes.
- Step 3: Place the glue gun on the glue pad, and holding the bauble over the bowl of glitter, use a spoon to sprinkle glitter over the glue design. The glue must still be hot while the glitter is being applied. Ensure that the entire design is coated in glitter before gently tapping off the excess glitter. Alternate between the white and crystal glitter to create a subtle effect.
- Step 4: Once all the glitter and engraved snowflakes are complete, use the Dremel Glue Gun 930 with the silver glitter glue stick to add embellishments to the engraved and glitter snowflake designs. If you’re making more than one Christmas bauble, try to complete one step on all of the baubles before you continue on to the next step.