These unique and cute little vases look lovely with an individual flower in each one. Group them together to make a sweet Easter centrepiece or use them as table settings for each of your guests.
To make your eggshell vases, you will need…
- White eggs
- Food colouring
How to make your eggshell vases
- Crack each egg open at the top carefully, trying not to make the hole too big. Tip out the contents of the eggs.
- Fill several drinking glasses with water, then add a different food colouring to each.
- Place one eggshell in each glass and leave for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on how dark you want the colour to be. Be warned — the egg will dry darker.
- Remove the eggs and leave to dry in an egg box, then pour in a little water and put fresh flowers inside. Place in egg cups and display.
Top craft tip
Be careful when you drop the egg into the water. Any cracks will colour deeper, making the egg look untidy.
Not sure what to do with the leftover contents of the eggs? We’ve got some recipes that should help:
- Quick ham quiches
- Full English frittata
- Passion fruit and raspberry roulade
- Rum custard
- Baked apple, cinnamon and walnut cheesecake
- Baked custards in caramel sauce