This is such an easy technique, and you probably already have all the necessary items, so get crafting!
What you’ll need to make the vintage jars:
- Vintage label designs
- Black and white laser printer
- Clear packaging tape
- Bowl of water
- Glass jars
How to make your vintage jars
1. Print the vintage labels no larger than the width of the packaging tape. If you can’t find the perfect label, just type the word in a handwritten font and then add a decorative frame to it. This can all be done in programs such as Microsoft PowerPoint. Print the labels in black and white on standard copier paper.
2. Stick a strip of tape over a label without creating any folds or bubbles. Smooth over the tape with your hand.
3. Roughly cut around the label and submerge it in a bowl filled with water. Allow to soak for at least 10 minutes.
4. Pop your hands into the bowl and use your forefinger and thumb to rub the paper off. Continue doing this until all the paper has been removed. Gently pat the label dry.
5. Cut around the edge of the label with scissors and then stick it onto a jar. Use a spoon or your nail to rub all over the label so that it sticks to the glass and appears clear. You may notice that the label still looks a bit cloudy but it will become clear as it dries completely. It’s so simple, that’s why it’s one of our favourite easy craft ideas.
You can also use colour print-outs, but increase the colour saturation so that it shows up on the glass.
This easy craft idea was taken from Vintage Remakes by Carla Visser — Metz Press.