The easiest way to give any room in your home an instant facelift without spending too much money? Simply change up your scatter cushions!
You can either mix a few new ones in with the cushions on your bed or couches, or swap them out completely. Remember to mix and match colours, textures and prints for a super chic and fresh look.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when choosing new scatter cushions:
- A neutral colour with a busy print will bring a rather plain room with no set colour scheme to life, and help the colours pop. (Flamingo vlei cushion, R350, weheartthis.com)
- A bold print with a pop of colour can tie a room together. Simply pick a colour that either compliments or features in your existing colour scheme, and allow that to become your main feature. (Tall pincushion cushion, R300, Skinny laMinx)
- A cushion with a simple print in a range of colours can complement the cushions that you already have — especially ones in a busy print, or even a solid colour. In fact, this cushion could easily go with all the other featured cushions. (Cushion Florentine, R449, @home.)
- If you want to introduce a brand-new colour into an existing colour scheme, choose a cushion in a solid colour that compliments those you already have. You’ll be surprised what a difference it will make! (Ribbed oxford cushion, R99,95, Woolworths)
- Don’t be afraid to be bold and completely different! Adding a scatter cushion that’s a bit loud or out of the ordinary will give your home a wonderful element of quirkiness and an extra bit of character. (Flamingo cushion, R119,99, Mr Price Home.)
Please note that these prices were correct at the time of publishing. Prices and availability of stock are subject to change at the discretion of the supplier.