Tired of all the towels in the house getting full of grime when Dad comes in from working on the car or the lawnmower? This heavy duty homemade hand cleaner is the answer: the soap removes dirt, the sugar and salt scrub stains away, the baking soda dissolves grease and the bentonite clay helps heal cuts and scratches. It’s basically a miracle worker.
The best part is, it’s incredibly easy to put together. And the whole family will appreciate its exfoliating properties — if Dad is willing to share of course!
For the homemade hand cleaner, you will need
- 1/4 cup grated soap
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/3 cup salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- 1 tbsp bentonite clay
- 10 drops lemon or orange essentials oil
- Glass bowl
- Plastic or wooden spoon
- A cute hand scrub label — click here to download and print a label for your homemade hand scrub.
How to make homemade hand cleaner
1. Place the grated soap and hot water in a bowl, cover and leave overnight to melt and soften.
2. Combine the dry ingredients and essential oil and stir well with a wooden spoon.
3. Slowly add the soap mixture to the dry ingredients and stir well. You can add as much soap as you like until you get the consistency you want. We went for quite a stiff consistency — which makes it easier to rub all over hands.
4. Place the homemade hand cleaner in a glass bottle wherever Dad washes his hands.
To put the finishing touch on your homemade hand scrub, print out a cute Father’s Day card or gift tag to make Dad’s day even more special.