Your child will love you forever if you make them these bunting flags for their bedroom. They’re so easy to make, too!
You will need:
- 50cm each of two contrasting fabrics
- sewing machine
- sewing thread
- cotton bias tape
- Cut out a bunting flag triangle from the card using the template below. One side of the triangle should be slightly shorter than the two other sides.
- Using the cut-out template, draw and cut out six triangles from one piece of fabric and eight from the other (for a patchwork effect).
- Pin, right sides together, into three pairs of one design and four of the other. Machine stitch down the two long sides of each fabric pair and turn the right way (you may need to use the chopstick to poke the point through). Iron flat.
- Starting 12 cm in from the end of the bias tape, position the flags 3cm apart between the bias tape and pin in place. Machine stitch along the bias tape, then make a small hanging loop at each end of the tape and stitch in place.
Download and print out this handy Bunting template.