Since you’re making all your Christmas gifts (to save money to spend on shoes of course), why not make your Christmas decorations, too! We show you how to make Christmas decorations that are easy and look impressive.
This one is easy enough for the kids to make and it’s a great way to upcycle old books or magazines. If you’d like to make loads, you can string them up together to make a garland or star bunting.
You will need:
✶ Cardboard ✶ An old book or magazine
✶ Scissors ✶ Glue ✶ Ribbon
Let’s get started! 5 steps and you’re done!
- Make a star template from firm cardboard, then use it to cut out at least eight stars from the pages of an old book.
- Fold each star in half and crease.
- Open up the stars, then place some glue along the fold line and glue four stars together (giving you two sets of stars).
- Cut a length of ribbon that’s long enough to hang the decoration so the ribbon falls below the star by about 10cm.
- Glue the ribbon to the back of one star pile, then glue the second star pile to the other side of the ribbon.
We’ve got so many tutorials that show you how to make Christmas decorations. From DIY paper craft birds and rustic twig and ribbon Christmas trees to felt angels and hanging mistletoe, we’ve got your Christmas decor covered.