These egg ‘n’ spoon puppets a great fun for the kids to make AND play with… For example, you can help the kiddies put on a puppet show by making a mini theatre out of an empty cereal box. Or, take it to the garden, with a few hard-boiled eggs, for a good ol’ egg ‘n’ spoon race.
What you will need
- Wooden spoons
- Pink, grey, white and yellow acrylic paint
- Pink, grey, yellow and orange felt
- Small wiggle eyes
- Small pom-poms
- Black and white pens
- Yellow and white feathers
How to make wooden spoon puppets
- Paint the wooden spoons with acrylic paint and leave to dry completely, before applying a second coat of paint.
- For the bunny puppets, cut out some pink and grey felt ears and glue to the back of the pink and grey painted spoons. Stick a pom-pom nose and a pair of wiggle eyes to each. Next, draw on a black mouth and some white whiskers.
- For the chick puppets, glue some yellow and white feathers to the back of the yellow and white painted spoons. Cut out some small orange and yellow felt triangles, and stick to the spoons, along with some wiggle eyes.