There’s nothing quite like a warm hot water bottle to help get us through the colder months. Here’s how to make a personalised cover for you, or to give as a special gift.
Read more: How to make fabric printed tote bags
You will need:
- Cosy fabric
- Sewing machine
- Embroidery thread
- Cut out two rectangular pieces of fabric a little larger than the size of your hot water bottle.
- Put the fabric wrong sides together and sew around the edges and bottom.
- Fold the top opening over and tuck the raw edge in. Pin in place and sew all the way around.
- Mark the initials in pencil on the front, then use a running stitch to sew along the lines.
- When you’ve finished each letter, sew the embroidery thread in and out of the running stitch to create a solid initial.
- Tie a piece of ribbon around the top.