Let’s face it, beards are in. Rather than fight the beard trend, embrace it and make sure the bearded men in your life have well-groomed, soft beards instead of scratchy, disheveled face rugs. And the way to do that is with this homemade beard oil recipe.
Beard oil moisturises beards (and the skin lurking underneath a beard), prevents flaky skin (or beard-druff), smells nice and tames any beard flyaways. Winning.
And with Father’s Day coming up, there’s no better time to whip up some homemade beard oil for the father figure in your life. Don’t you want Dad to have a softer, smoother beard? Beard oil is seriously quick and easy to make, and most importantly it’s easy to use.
“With a great beard comes great responsibility”
What you will need to make DIY beard oil
- 6 tbsp carrier oil (we used grape seed oil, but you can also use avocado, jojoba or argan oil).
- About 40 drops of essential oil (we used lemon grass, but sandalwood is another nice choice).
- Small container to hold the beard oil.
- A cute beard oil label — click here to download and print a label for your homemade beard oil.
How to make your own beard oil
1. Pour the carrier oil and essential oils in a bottle, shake to mix.
2. Stick on your beard oil label and store in a cool, dark place — easy!
Tips on using homemade beard oil
- The amount of beard oil used depends on the texture and length of the beard.
- The best time to apply beard oil is right after washing your face
- Rub a small amount in your hands and massage it into your magnificent, freshly washed beard.
- If you’re dealing with a very long beard, use a small comb to evenly distribute the homemade beard oil.
- It can take a little while for the oils to absorb, but don’t worry it won’t feel greasy for long.
Read more: 18 Dad jokes that are so bad they’re good
Now that you’ve made this fab beard oil recipe, try your hand at whipping up a batch of homemade exfoliating face scrub for men.