There’s no better time of year for some rabbit-inspired artwork. Once Easter is over, these would make the perfect baby shower gift or kid’s room decor. And if you’re not that into bunnies, trace a different shape on your coloured cardboard. A carefully drawn bird, bust or building could look very grown up.
To make your washi tape rabbit artwork, you will need
- Cutting mat
- Coloured card
- Picture frame
- Bunny templates
- Plain paper
- Tissue paper
- Washi tape
How to make your washi tape rabbit artwork
- Cut out the coloured card to the same size as your frame mount. Position the rabbit template on the card, draw around it, then cut it out.
- On a piece of plain paper (cut to the same size as the picture frame mount) mark where the rabbit will be positioned.
- Cut strips of tissue paper and washi tape and layer on the plain paper, so they stretch further than the rabbit cut-out will sit.
- Put your bunny cut-out over the top of the paper, then pop into the picture frame.
- If you don’t want to use washi tape, secure your tissue paper at the ends out of sight with clear tape.
- Newsprint or a page from an old book would also look great instead of the washi tape design.