Spring is here and with it comes the opportunity to get rid of unwanted clutter and put the spark back into your home. Whether you want to make small changes to better organise your living space or really get elbow-deep with cleaning your home, we can help.
Clean every corner of your house with tools that will make scrubbing the floors and shining the windows a breeze. Here are a few spring cleaning tools for every household (including yours) that will actually come in handy 365 days a year.
Spring cleaning tools to make your life easier:
For hassle-free floor care
1.Keep your home shiny clean with the multifunctional Philips Steam Plus Sweep & Steam Cleaner (R2 899) from yuppiechef.com
2. The Taurus Hexa Stryker vacuum cleaner (R1 504) from loot.co.za has three sensors and is designed specially to reach every corner of the house. Every home should have one!
3. No cords, bags or batteries needed with this Floormax Roto-Clean (R255) from Builders. All you need to do is push it to achieve a good cleaning effect. It’s a sweeper that comes with a broom, dustpan, and a trash bin… what more could you want?
For gleaming windows
1. The Taurus 3.6 V Window Cleaner (R899) from Makro is perfect for leaving your windows looking as good as new. The water tank can take 300ml of dirty water and each one comes standard with a clean water spray bottle and two microfibre chamois.
2. The unique Vorwerk Kobold VG100 window cleaner (R879) from yuppiechef.co.za washes windows and vacuums up the dirty water leaving it streak free. It can reach high windows as the extension arm is variable from 80cm to 120cm.
3. Protect your perfectly manicured hands with these aloe fresh Addis household gloves (R34.99) from Clicks. They’re perfect for sensitive skin and provide excellent thermal protection and great grip.
For shiny kitchen appliances
1. Enjoy a spotless microwave by getting this cute tool to do all the work. The Thingamajig Microwave Cleaner (R49.98) is available for purchase at The Crazy Store.
2. Say goodbye to limescale with the Carbro Kettle & Steam Iron cleaner (R37.99) from Clicks.
3. For cleaning some of the bigger items, try Miele descaling tablets (Pack of six for R226) from yuppiechef.co.za. These descaling tablets are all about convenience and endurance, and are perfect for descaling automatic coffee machines as well as ovens and cookers with moisture.
For a little bedroom sparkle
1. Bedrooms should be a sanctuary so special care and effort should be taken when spring cleaning this haven. This all-purpose caddy (R92) from neatfreak.co.za is just the thing you need to make sure that your bedrooms are spotless.
2. After airing out your cupboards (make sure you take out your clothing), use this Wardrobe Dehumidifier (R42.99) from The Crazy Store to get it smelling and feeling like new.
3. Get to all those hard to reach spaces with this convenient Extendable Microfibre Duster (R59) from neatfreak.co.za. Dusting has never been so easy!
For a polished bathroom
1. Use this quirky Umbra Buddy Squeegee (R179) from yuppiechef.co.za to easily clean bathroom mirrors and shower doors, and keep it all streak free.
2. Get with the times and clean your toilets with the revolutionary Joseph Joseph Flex™ Plus Toilet Brush (R443) from John Lewis. The unique shape helps to get in all those hard-to-reach places and the widely-spaced bristles help to prevent build-up.
3. Got a clogged drain? Then you need this nifty Household Drain Cleaning Tool (R98) from Takealot. The serrated edges of this tool will help remove all that yucky grime from your bathroom (and kitchen) sinks in no time.