Look at how much wow-factor you can achieve with so little effort – transform your home with these trends now!
There’s no need to blow the budget just to update your home – often, it’s the small touches that make the biggest difference. Set aside a weekend to transform your home with one of these quick updates that are easy to do, and so on-trend, too.
Top trends to transform your home
- Botanicals are still big news right now – you’ll find birds and insects everywhere you look.
- Big fan of flowers? It’s so easy to embrace the movement for bold florals in your home, just throw on a printed duvet to change up your bedroom in an instant.
- Spare scraps of fabric? Use them up by updating an existing shelving unit, for little more than the cost of a staple gun.
- Painting an accent wall, or adding a few scatter cushions in a rich colour – or trendy monochrome – can add warmth and interest to a room, while re-covering an old piece of furniture in a fun new fabric will give it a new lease on life.
Here are some great ideas that’ll make a big impact without too much hassle:
- Country cottage: Is your shelving unit looking a bit tired? Some fabric off-cuts and a staple gun will give it a brand new look.
- Warm up to pastels: Most kitchen units are paintable and ideal for a weekend update. Soft greys and pastels are so on-trend.
- Deer (a)head: The deer trend is ongoing and there are lots of gorgeous products available. This is a perfect quick update and a great statement piece.
- So tweet: Add the botanical trend to your living room with this beautiful wooden bird clock. Bird- and insect-printed scatter cushions work well, too.
- Colonial style: Shutters are so ‘now’ thanks to their simple style and their versatility all year round. A worthy investment!
- Vintage rose: A super-quick – and affordable – way to give a bedside table or cupboard a new look is simply to take off existing knobs and add pretty new ones.
- Fanciful florals: There is no better – or easier – way to transform your bedroom than to change your bedding. Simple!