Hoopla! This DIY game will keep your kids entertained for hours outside. Plus, they’ll be able to help you make it (which will also help you kill some time on the weekend).
The aim of the game is to get a hoop to land around a plastic bottle. Players stand at a marked distance and throw the hoops onto brightly coloured targets – which in this case is painted plastic bottles.
What you will need
- Empty plastic bottles
- Bright paint
- Small wooden embroidery hoops
- Bright wool
- Small fruit crate or some sand
How to turn plastic bottles into an outdoor game
- Make sure the bottles are clean and dry. Pour a little paint into each bottle and swirl it around until the inside surfaces are completely covered. Leave to dry.
- Remove the outer sections from the embroidery hoops and discard. Bind some brightly coloured wool around the edges of the hoops and knot the ends to hold in place.
- Stand the bottles in a small fruit crate to hold them in place – or weigh them down with sand.