Feeling hungry? Then maybe it’s best if you don’t read this list of tasty things to eat in South Africa right now. (Rather save it for later, when the sound of your tummy rumbling won’t bother those around you…)
Here is our bucket list of delicious things all over South Africa that we’d like to tuck in sooner rather than later…
1. Crunch wrapped sushi burrito from Sushi Burrito in Melrose Arch
This Mexican meet Japanese sumptuous delight can make its way onto our plate anytime. So what if it looks like an uncut sushi roll…
2. Shisa nyama from Mzoli’s in Guglethu
You might have a long wait and the table cloths are plastic, but when your massive platter of braai meat arrives, you’ll wish you’d heard about this kasi spot sooner.
3. Dulce de leche crème brûlée croissant cup from Jason Bakery in Bree
Not that we need a specific time to eat this but we can envision devouring this for dessert or breakfast or whenever the craving hits.
4. Gourmet boerie roll from Milk Bar in Rosebank
A delicious boerewors roll with all the bells and whistles is a must-have on our list.
5. Ice-cream macarons at Sugarlicious in Umhlanga
Decadent ice-cream sandwiched between two macarons sounds like a recipe for a taste bud party we just cannot miss.
6. The mutton bunny at Cane Cutters in Glenwood
This award-winning bunny chow won the 2016 Coca-Cola Bunny Chow Barometer Competition, enough said.
7. Deep Fried Oreos from Hudsons
Oreos + deep fried = yes please! Even better, Hudsons has restaurants in Joburg, Cape Town and Durban, so we all get to snack on these tasty treats.
8. Cronut and milkshake combo from X&O Cronuts in Melville
Yes you would have to spend 2 hours in the gym working this sweet treat off, but it will be worth it!
9. Tandoori chicken pizza from ’86 Public in Braamfontein
We’ve realised that finding a good pizza is like discovering gold and this one is worth sharing (or not sharing)… you’re welcome.
10. Poke bowl from Hokey Poke in Cape Town
It’s like a delicious deconstructed sushi roll in a bowl — healthy and packed with flavour, what’s not to love?
Read more: 10 Instagram pets you need to follow now