Yes, you can feel good — every day! Here are 10 simple steps.
- Keep a gratitude diary: write down three things every day that have gone right for you.
- Stop rushing around: take time to listen to the birds singing, enjoy some music you love, stroke the cat, smile at your kids and talk to your friends.
- Develop the habit of consciously noting whenever you feel happy or content — and savour the moment. Remember these moments when you’re feeling down.
- Celebrate all of your achievements, however small; be proud of yourself.
- Think of positive role models, then learn from them.
- Avoid negative people — you know who they are!
- Always give genuine compliments; they don’t cost anything.
- Try to check your body language: unfold your arms, relax your posture, look around you when you’re out — and smile.
- If you feel stressed, take a moment to breathe deeply. Consider learning meditation or yoga if you’re always anxious.
- Be generous and kind — it will make you feel good.
Want more? Here are 15 ways to feel good (and one of them involves massage).