We asked and you answered. Here are your top cleaning hacks that you swear by.
1. To get rid of stains on tablecloths, use Sterinappi instead of washing powder when you wash tablecloths or other white laundry in the machine.
2. Put bicarbonate of soda in a dish in your fridge to absorb any lingering odours.
3. Cleaning the shower head is a pain. To make it easy, soak it in vinegar overnight by tying a bag filled with vinegar around it.
Read more: 15 genius life hacks that everyone needs
4. Whenever I clean my shoe closet, I add a fresh refill of fabric softener to keep the closet as well as my shoes smelling fresh and clean. I also do the same to my towel closet and it works as a car freshener.
5. I use lemon juice on my bathroom surfaces and shower doors. Everything looks brand new after a good clean with fresh lemon juice.
6. Wherever you clean with soap and water, add a squeeze of lemon juice to the water — your house will smell amazing!
7. Put some essential oil in your water when washing the floor. An easy way to make everything smell like your favourite scent. .
8. Toss some of the following into the dishwasher for a deep clean: contact lens cases, hair brushes, make-up brushes, pet dishes, plastic kids toys, refrigerator shelves, soap dishes, tweezers, various knobs and pulls and even your shower head.
9. Tired of scrubbing rust rings off the shower and bath shelves left behind from shaving cream cans and other metal containers? Take a few minutes to coat the bottoms of the containers with clear nail polish.
10. I always use socks on my hands to clean blinds and shine mirrors.
11. If you have tiles, vacuum your floors rather than sweeping with a broom. This really removes dust and dirt and prevents the dust from simply moving from A to B.
12. Vinegar is my go-to miracle cleaning ingredient; it cleans windows and leaves them sparkling.
13. Sprinkle Epsom salts in the shower to get rid of grime… let it stand for a few hours and then wash down with hot water.
14. I’ve replaced traditional cleaning products with my own homemade concoctions using simple ingredients like a few drops of lemon in warm water for furniture polish and equal parts vegetable oil and vinegar to clean wood.
15. I like to mix a few drops of lemon grass essential oil with bicarbonate of soda to sprinkle over my carpets. I leave it for an hour and then vacuum. You won’t believe how fresh and new your carpets and home will smell!
16. Place a wetwipe sprayed with your perfume into the tumble drier with your clothes for a fresh fragrance.
17. Use essential oils like lavender and tea tree to wipe down the inside of your cupboards. It keeps things smelling clean and keeps the fish moths away.
18. Bleach mixed with water cleans almost everything… from mould in the shower to dirty marks on the walls — cheap and easy.
19. I make a solution of bicarb and warm water and use it for almost everything — apply and leave for a few minutes on a greasy stove to make cleaning a breeze.
20. I cut a lemon in half and place it in the microwave on high for 2 minutes. Leave the lemon in for a little while, then simply wipe away stains with warm water and a dry cloth.