We all feel stressed at some point in our day. By following these quick and easy tips, you can banish some of the stresses and strains of life — and discover the new serene you! You won’t believe how much better you will feel when you take a minute to try these ways to relax.
1. Chew! Pretending to chew a toffee slowly relaxes the jaw and is a great tension reliever.
2. Spritz your face with rosewater. It’ll cool frayed nerves and focus the mind. Make your own relaxing spray by mixing witch hazel and rosewater.
3. Put things in perspective, rate irritating situations on a scale of one to 100; this helps put minor annoyances into context.
4. Pull your chin back (not down) towards your neck, hold for 10 seconds and repeat once to stop any end-of-day aches.
5. Pop a red sticker on the kettle, or somewhere you often look. Use it as a reminder to relax your tensed muscles.
6. Stroke your scalp to get rid of tension. Start with your fingers on your eyebrows and run them upwards through your hair then down the back of your neck. Repeat five times.
7. Stretch like a cat. Get on all fours and suck in your tummy, arching your back as high as you can. Repeat slowly 12 to 15 times. This helps release tension.
Read more: How to deal with anxiety the natural way