Birthday parties are a highlight on any kid’s calendar, try out one of these easy ideas for kids parties if your little one has a special day coming up soon.
- Plan a cupcake fondue with ready-baked cupcakes, a fondue pot of icing and a selection of sprinkles and toppings to decorate with.
- To keep things manageable, encourage your child to keep the number of guests the same as their age. If they are turning six, let them invite their six best friends.
- Use a sandpit and some plastic dinosaur bones to create a dig site for dinosaur-themed parties or bury beaded necklaces and bracelets for a pirate-themed party.
- Create a laser maze out of coloured string or streamers in the hallway for kids to make their way through.
- Treasure hunts, with clues leading party goers around the garden, are always well-received party activities and can keep younger children entertained for quite a while.
- Let kids paint and create their very own pet rock. This activity will provide tons of colourful fun and doubles as a party favour that guests will be able to take home with them.
- Obstacle courses are a must for outdoor parties, especially boys parties. You can use just about everything from hula-hoops to pool noodles to create a course that is both challenging and fun.