We all need something to look forward to, to make the long work weeks move along swiftly, and our favourite thing to do is plan a holiday!
Whether it’s an overseas trip, a weekend getaway or just an overnight break, a holiday will leave you feeling refreshed and ready to tackle reality. Here are a few travel essentials to make packing for your trip that much easier…
- Your number one need is a great cosmetic or toiletry bag. Ones that have a few compartments are fab to contain accidental leaks and protect more delicate items, like make-up brushes, from being ruined. Don’t forget to get one for your man! Typo, R299,95.
- Most places provide towels, but they can be sticky about beach towels, so if you’ve got the space, we recommend packing your own. Country road, R449; Woolworths, R199.
- Long trips in the car often require a little caffeine boost, so be sure to take a flask along. Most one-stop shops will even make your beverage in your own flask, so be sure to ask. Stainless steel flask, @home, R139; Heart flask, Woolworths, R89,95; Flower flask, @home, R99.
- If you’re lucky enough to be going on an overseas flight, then these goodies are perfect for you. Decant your lotions into these aeroplane-friendly bottles, and be sure to get a few things, like a decent travel pillow, to make your long journey as comfy as possible. Travel pill box, R99,95, Woolworths; Travel bottles, R79,95 for two, Woolworths; Travel kit (includes neck pillow, sleeping mask and ear plugs), R160, Woolworths.
- There are always a few items that make you that much more trendy when you travel, and a cool passport cover and sleeping mask are all kinds of nifty. Passport cover, Typo, R99,95; Passport cover, Woolworths, R150; Sleeping mask, Typo, R39.
Please note that these prices were correct at the time of publishing. Prices and availability of stock are subject to change at the discretion of the supplier.