Social media was buzzing earlier this week when it was announced that a star-studded lineup including Beyoncé, Jay-Z, Ed Sheeran, Oprah and other showbiz megastars will be at the FNB Stadium, in Jozi, in December to honour the 100th anniversary of Nelson Mandela’s birth. And people became even more excited when it was announced that tickets are FREE!
The Mandela 100 Global Citizen festival will be taking place on 2 December at the FNB Stadium. Here’s a sneak peek at the artist line-up:
Now back to the tickets, 70 000 (of the 100 000 tickets to be released) will be FREE, but you’re going to have to do some (online) work to earn your precious ticket.
A massive concert ticket lotto that you enter by helping others
What this means is that you will have to join campaigns that demand action from world leaders to eradicate extreme poverty by becoming a Global Citizen.
The more campaigns you join – by emailing and posting on social media, the more entries you get into the ticket lottery – and the greater your chance of getting a ticket (and seeing Beyoncé, Jay-Z and Oprah in person).
Sign up now: download the app for early access
Sign up now and be one of the first to know how you can earn your free tickets – starting 21 August – to the Global Citizen Festival Mandela 100.
1. Download the Global Citizen app (free from the Android and Apple stores) and sign up.
2. Recruit friends and family to earn more points.
3. Select the global issues that matter to you: education, the environment, girls and women issues, health, finance and innovation (or choose all six!)
4. Choose your favourite reward categories: Music, sports, festivals etc.
5. Earn points by taking pledges, tweeting, etc., to put pressure on world leaders to make changes in areas you feel passionate about.
6. Once you’ve earned a certain number of points, (starting 21 August) you’ll be given opportunities to enter competitions to win free tickets to the Global Citizen Festival Mandela 100.
Watch the video below to get (even more) excited about earning your FREE ticket!
Sasha Wyatt-Minter – All4Women
The post How to start earning points to see Beyoncé live at the Global Citizen Festival Mandela 100 appeared first on All4Women.
All4Women is your daily dose of entertainment, news, fashion and beauty, healthy living, family, food and fun (plus all the home, garden, work and money tips you need). All4Women is the go-to guide for South African women at all stages of their lives who want to stay informed, inspired and entertained.