Suffer from allergies in the warmer season? Ever heard of ‘ozone therapy’? It can help to treat symptoms of hay fever, asthma and eczema naturally and safely.
It’s not a new concept, but it’s one that’s been proven to work. A local Design Engineer at Ashdan Electronics, Mike Mair, has developed a new range of machines which harness the high frequencies needed to create ozone, as well as maintain it at a safe saturation level. As long ago as 1856, ozone was being used to disinfect operating rooms and sterilise surgical instruments. It was also used to disinfect wounds in the First World War and it has been used widely to purify water.
‘Ozone is a very unstable molecule,’ Mair explains. ‘It is formed naturally by lightning or manufactured by a similar high-frequency discharge. The oxygen in the air we breathe is O2 – two molecules of oxygen. The high-frequency discharge disrupts this bond and forms O3, or ozone – a very unstable compound.’ It is this instability that makes ozone so useful.
‘Three’s a crowd if you are an oxygen molecule, so the third one quickly breaks away and goes looking for something else to bond to,’ Mair goes on. ‘In an environment such as a smelly public restroom, the bacteria in the air provide a convenient partner.’ For the bacteria, however, that bond is a death sentence. When the oxygen molecule binds to the cell wall of the bacterium, it begins a process of oxidization, which destroys the cell and kills it.
Mair’s Natripure machines uses ozone to eliminate harmful bacteria and odours found in refrigerators and small storage spaces.
Natripure machines are available in the following units:
- Arctic: This unit removes odours and helps prevent bacteria growing on food, thus prolonging the shelf life of your favourite nibbles.
- Breeze: This unit safely plugs into any plug point and keeps harmful bacteria and odours in larger rooms at bay.
- Nimbus: This unit is safe for smaller spaces, such as a child’s bedroom. It is compact and portable, and quiet, too.
- Oasis: This unit is ideal for cleaning food. Drop the pipe into a sink full of water and allow the ozone bubbles to kill off harmful bacteria.
- NP Professional Blue: This is an industrial ozone unit ideal for air sanitation in homes, schools, malls, public restrooms or business environments. The ozone output, which is easily fixed to a wall, can be adapted to the size of larger spaces, providing optimal air sanitation.
Besides sanitising the air and reducing asthma and allergies, ozone is also useful for purifying water, combating black mould in showers, removing odours from cars and fridges and extending the shelf life of fruit and vegetables. Amazing!
For more information, visit www.natripure.co.za.