Being a working mom is tough. Being a stay-at-home mom is tough. Who knows which is tougher — we certainly don’t! And we don’t care. We’d rather celebrate all the moments we go through — especially the Epic Fails. Because life is a journey for all of us and if you can’t laugh at yourself along the way, then what’s it all about?
In those moments when we feel completely overwhelmed by all the things we have to do (and all the mom guilt about things we haven’t done properly), it really helps to know that other moms have not only been there before us, but they survived AND found the humour in their situation… which helps us feel better about ourselves!
So lock yourself in the bathroom for 5 minutes and enjoy some of our favourite moments that every mom (no matter where you work…) will relate to…
20 moments every working mom will relate to
1. When you’ve had a seriously tough day at work, but your second shift is just starting.
2. When you have to decide between sending a sick kid to school, taking a sick kid to work with you, taking a day off work to look after a sick kid or miraculously finding someone to babysit.
3. When your heart breaks because you can’t be in two places at once.
4. When the school asks you to bake something at the last minute.
5. When you need to make tough decisions…
6. When you’re desperately trying to look professional, but you have a sticker on your face, or oats on your skirt, or a drawing of a dinosaur on your handbag (none of which you noticed before you left the house, of course).
7. When you get takeaways so often that the guys at the drive through know your name…
8. When your standards have dropped so low that you don’t even remember what they used to look like.
9. When you’ll let the kids do WHATEVER they want to, as long as it gives you 3 minutes to yourself
10. When you do WHATEVER you need to do to survive.
11. When you’re so late for work that you have to decide between brushing your teeth and brushing your hair…
12. When your house is so messy you consider selling it instead of starting to wade through the mess.
13. When you’ve just locked the house and your toddler bursts into tears because she actually didn’t want to wear these shoes today.
14. When you finally admit that going to the park might keep the kids entertained, but actually it’s incredibly boring. THERE, WE SAID IT!
15. When your single friends ask you to go out during the week (or ever really…)
16. When you just turn the TV on for the kids because you need to drink a glass of wine and not have anyone ask you for anything.
17. When you just do not have enough hands!
18. When you offer to drive the boss to a meeting, and when she gets in the car, you remember that the back seat is full of fluffy toys.
19. When you take out your presentation notes — and realise you’ve written them on a page from a Winnie-the-Pooh colouring book.
20. When you finally admit that you can’t do two things at once.