Black Friday is around the corner and people are readying their pockets for one of the biggest shopping events in South Africa. You might be feeling overwhelmed by flashing signs and pop-up advertisements everywhere but do not fear. We have compiled five Black Friday shopping tips to make sure you are ready for what is sure to be a shopping extravaganza.
- BUDGET BEFORE – setting up a budget beforehand will help guide and limit what you spend. If you are buying gifts for family and friends, set a budget for what you want to spend on each person and stick to it.
- COMPARE PRICES – if you’re really going to win at this year’s Black Friday you’ve got to get organised. Visit different websites and pick up store catalogues so that you can see what competing retailers are offering.
- SHOP ONLINE – Many retailers will have online platforms that also have Black Friday specials, make sure you have a good Wi-F connection and download the apps for these retailers. You will be avoiding the painstaking process of going into a mall, dealing with the masses, fights about who got to the parking spot first and most of the long and arduous queues.
- GIVE THOSE WISHLISTS A REALITY CHECK – Manage your kids’ expectations when it comes to their gifts. Many parents find themselves dipping into savings or going into debt after overspending on gifts for children.
- GET A SHOPPING MATE – Employ the forces! Imagine an amazing “buy-one-get-one-free” deal but… you don’t actually need the second one. That won’t be the case if you and a friend band together to make the purchase. Score two, with one deal! Make the most of having a partner, particularly if you decide to tackle the malls. One of you in a queue and the other dashing to get the best of the deals.