Make this deliciously creamy blueberry and orange trifle with 6 ingredients in just 15 minutes!
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Energy: 2117kJ per serving
Saturated Fat: 18.5g
- 4 blueberry muffins
- 2 oranges
- 3–4 tbsp Cointreau, or any orange liqueur (optional)
- 200g fresh or frozen blueberries
- 500g fresh vanilla custard
- 300ml whipping cream
- Slice the muffins and arrange them evenly in the base of a glass trifle bowl.
- Finely grate the rind of 1 orange, and remove the zest of the other in strips. Peel and segment both oranges, reserving any juice, then squeeze the membranes to extract any more juice before discarding.
- Mix the orange juice with the Cointreau (if you're using it) and spoon over the muffins. Scatter over most of the blueberries and all of the orange segments. Mix the finely grated orange zest into the custard and pour it over the muffins.
- Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks, then spoon onto the trifle. Scatter over the remaining blueberries and the strips of zest. Chill until ready to serve.