150g cold salted butter, chopped into cubes
50g icing sugar, plus extra to dust
4 free-range egg yolks plus 2 free-range eggs
225g castor sugar
zest and juice of 3 lemons
zest and juice of 1 medium orange
- Put the flour, butter and icing sugar into a food processor and blitz until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add 1 egg yolk and 2tbsp cold water. Blitz again until the pastry comes together in a ball. Chill in the fridge for 20 min.
- Dust a work surface with icing sugar and roll the pastry out thinly to line a 23 cm loose-based fluted tart tin. Chill in the fridge for a further 30 min.
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Prick the pastry base, line with greaseproof paper or foil and fill with baking beans. Bake blind for 15 min, then remove the paper and beans and return to the oven for a further 10 to 15 min until lightly golden. Cool.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 160°C. Gently whisk the remaining egg yolks and the 2 eggs in a large bowl, then whisk in the cream, sugar, lemon and orange zest and juice. Put the pastry case onto a baking tray and pour in the filling as near to the top as you dare. Bake for 35 to 40 min until just set.
- Leave to cool completely, then remove from the tin. Dust with icing sugar and decorate with lemon and orange zest to serve