250g self-raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
50g chilled butter, cubed
2-3 tbsp milk
For the topping
4 tbsp ready-made tomato pasta sauce
125g mozzarella, grated
100g blue cheese or feta, cubed
40g Parmesan shavings
1 medium baby marrow, shaved into ribbons
2 sprigs basil, leaves only, reserve a few leaves for garnish
- Heat the oven to 220°C. Sift the self-raising flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the milk and egg. Mix with a palette knife until the mixture comes together to form a soft dough.
- Lightly knead the mix together until the dough is smooth (but be careful not to overknead).
- Divide the dough in half and roll out each piece on a lightly floured surface into a round about ½cm thick. Transfer to 2 large baking trays.
- Spread the bases with the pasta sauce, then scatter the remaining ingredients on top. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden. Garnish with basil leaves.