When the craving for a treat hits, it's good to know that you can whip these speedy Chelsea buns up in just 30 minutes!
- 500g Snowflake Easymix Scone Mix
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 100ml cooking oil
- 160ml milk
- 30g butter, melted
- 100g raisins
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g soft brown (muscovado) sugar
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp warm water
- Prepare the Snowflake Easymix Scone mix as instructed on the pack.
- Roll out the scone dough into a rectangle. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle over the raisins, lemon zest, cinnamon and sugar.
- Starting at one of the long ends, roll the dough into a sausage shape and carefully slice into even rounds.
- Spread the icing onto the bottom of a casserole dish and place the rounds of dough on top.
- Bake for 20 min or until lightly browned. Allow to cool before flipping the dish onto a cutting board. Sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar if desired.