- Half a large butternut, peeled, deseeded and cut into even-sized pieces (about 450g)
- 250g broccoli florets
- 320g ready-rolled puff pastry
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme, or 1 tsp dried thyme
- About 100g blue cheese, or a cheese of your choice
- 1 tbsp butter
- Melt butter in a large frying pan, add the butternut, cover and cook for 10 min, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, steam the broccoli for 3 min. Tip the softened butternut into a bowl, add the broccoli, and leave for 10 min or more to cool.
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Unroll the pastry onto a sheet of baking paper on a sturdy baking sheet. Fold in about 1cm around the edges to make a border. Score the pastry edge for decoration and prick the base with a fork.
- Spread the cooked vegetable mixture over, then add the thyme leaves and dot with clumps of cheese. Bake for 35-40 min, near the bottom of the oven. Serve hot.