2 large butternuts
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp red miso paste
2 tbsp honey
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp dried chilli flakes (to taste)
toasted sesame seeds and fresh coriander to garnish
- Halve and de-pip the butternuts.
- Mix the garlic, miso, honey, oils and chilli flakes in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Place each butternut half on a piece of foil and brush liberally with the miso mixture.
- Wrap the butternuts with foil and place in the coals for 30 – 40 minutes, or until cooked through and soft when pierced with a knife.
- Carefully remove from the coals, remove the butternut from the foil and serve garnished with sesame seeds and fresh coriander.
This is an extract from the book, My Vegetarian Braai (Penguin), by Adele Maartens, which is out now.