10 small Rosa tomatoes, halved
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
40g raw, unsalted almonds, toasted and chopped
1 red pepper, roasted and skin removed
2 tbsp toasted whole wheat bread crumbs
1 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
½ lemon, zested and finely chopped
1 tsp red wine vinegar
10ml olive oil
- Combine the tomatoes, olive oil and garlic, and allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Roast the tomatoes for about 20 minutes in a hot oven until they are soft, but still hold their shape.
- Combine the breadcrumbs with the roasting juices from the tomatoes and peppers, and add the parsley and chopped lemon zest, as well as the red wine vinegar.
- Trim the stalky ends of the asparagus. If they are quite thick, steam them briefly before grilling. Otherwise, dress the asparagus with the 10 ml olive oil immediately.
- Warm a griddle pan and grill the asparagus just before serving.
- The asparagus should have some char marks, but still be firm (al dente).
- Plate the asparagus with tops to one end of the platter.
- Place the peppers over the asparagus stems, top with the breadcrumb mixture and the almonds, and garnish with the tomatoes.