For the base:
50g low-fat margarine, melted
200g digestive biscuits, crushed
2tsp ground ginger
For the filling:
3 large eggs
8tbsp granulated sweetener
2tsp vanilla essence
200g Greek yoghurt
400g low-fat cream cheese
- Heat the oven to 150˚C. Put an ovenproof dish full of hot water on the lowest shelf of the oven.
- Brush a 22-cm springform tin with oil and line with baking paper. Mix the base ingredients together, then press into the base of the tin and chill.
- In a food processor, whizz the ricotta and eggs until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and whizz again until smooth. Pour into the tin and put on a baking tray in the middle of the oven for 50 minutes, or until just set.
- Turn off the oven, open the door and cool for 30 minutes. Remove and cool to room temperature before chilling for 3 hours.
- Serve with a rhubarb and ginger compote and top with candied rhubarb.
Get the look:
- Candied rhubarb topping - In a pan, gently dissolve 200g sugar in 100ml water over a low heat. Bubble until syrupy, then lightly poach chunky batons of rhubarb for a couple of minutes. Scoop out and put onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, to cool.
- Rhubarb and ginger compote - Mix 2tsp cornflour with 2tbsp water and put in a large pan with 300g rhubarb, sliced, 1tsp ground ginger and 75g sugar. Heat gently for 10 minutes, until the fruit has softened and become saucey. Set aside to cool, then whizz until smooth.
To stop your cheesecake from cracking, once cooked run a palate knife around the edge of the tin. This will prevent the sides of the cheesecake clinging
to the tin as the cake cools down.