This broccoli soup is an indulgent way to up your superfood intake during winter.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Energy: 1448kJ per serving
Saturated Fat: 9g
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 75ml dry white wine
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 850ml vegetable stock
- 1 large head of broccoli, florets and stalk finely chopped
- 125g blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche
- In a large pan, heat the oil and gently fry the onion and celery over a low-medium heat until softened. Add the white wine and simmer to reduce by half.
- Add the potatoes to the pan with the stock and simmer for 15-20 minutes, then add the broccoli for a final 5 minutes until tender.
- Add two-thirds of the Stilton and all of the crème fraîche, then whizz in a blender until smooth. Return to the pan to warm through, then divide between bowls and top each with the remaining crumbled Stilton.
Notes: If you don't like blue cheese, feta is a great substitute.