A rather romantic treat that can be repurposed for a dessert for four to enjoy. Quick to make, and super tasty.
- 50g unsalted pistachios
- 125g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 250g strawberries
- Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Finely chop the pistachios by hand or blitz in a food processor. If choosing this method, make sure you don’t overdo it. Try to keep the pistachios in chunks to give a better crunch.
- Break up the chocolate and place in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of boiling water. Make sure the bottom of the bowl isn’t touching the water. Stir occasionally until the chocolate has all melted. This should take about 3 to 5 min.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat. Dip the strawberry tips into the chocolate. Then roll the dipped strawberries into the chopped pistachios. Set each finished strawberry on greaseproof paper. Chill for at least an hour before enjoying.
Recipe and food styling by Rosie Conroy and Cissy Difford Photograph by Sean Calitz Prop styling by Sue Rowlands