400g sheet puff pastry
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1-2 bananas, cut into strips
1 egg mixed with 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface until it’s about 3mm thick. Try your best to keep it as rectangular as possible (the rectangle should be twice as wide as it is high). Cut the rectangle into 4 squares, then cut each square in half.
- Place the pastry squares onto sheets of baking paper. Cut the top and bottom third of each square into strips (about 1 cm wide). Place 1 or 2 strips of banana in the middle of the braid, then sprinkle chocolate chips over the top.
- Gently pull the first strip over the filling, then do the same with the strip on the opposite side. Repeat until you get to the last strips, then tuck them under the braid.
- Egg wash the top of the pastries and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes — or until puffed up and golden brown.