We’re here to change your life with a chocolate chip cookie that you can make in a mug in 5 minutes flat.
If you (or any child or adult nearby) have a Treat Emergency*, then look no further than this single serving cookie. You might think that a microwave chocolate chip cookie made in a mug would not be that delicious, but we’re here to tell you that we did all the tests and the results are extremely positive — 10 out of 10 testers would eat again.
*Treat Emergencies are a real thing, and they don’t get nearly as much attention as they deserve!
Plus, this chocolate chip cookie in a mug takes just 5 minutes to make. The fact that we live in a world where we can go from no cookie to cookie in 5 minutes is amazing.
Think of some other things you can do in 5 minutes:
- Watch a pretty great video of pandas being adorable, and naughty.
- Half fold a fitted sheet; give up in disgust.
- Dice 2 onions, then walk around the house desperately looking for a tissue.
- Help your 9-year-old with their maths homework and despair at how much you have forgotten since school.
- Get a tenth of the way through tidying half a cupboard.
Wouldn’t you rather be making a chocolate chip cookie in a mug? (Except for the panda video, that can stay.)
1 tbsp butter or margarine
1 tbsp white sugar
1 tbsp firmly-packed brown sugar
3 drops vanilla extract
1 egg yolk (if you don't have an egg, just add 1 tbsp milk)
1/4 cup flour
1/8 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/8 tsp salt
2 to 4 tbsp chocolate chips
But wait, there’s more!
If the idea of delicious food that’s ready in 5 minutes appeals to you, we’ve got more must-try recipes in a mug.
- It’s a classic for a reason, this decadent 5 minute chocolate mug cake is a chocoholic’s dream — and it’s vegan!
- Pizza in a mug. We’re not sure what else to say, it’s pizza you can make in a mug.
- You can even make French toast in a mug! With the texture of bread and butter pudding and a heady cinnamon flavour — it’s the perfect breakfast treat.