Healthy Girl Vanilla Crunch Protein ball mix
Nut butter of your choice (Recommend: Almond or Macadamia nut butter)
Organic Maple syrup/honey
200g of good quality dark chocolate for melting (Recommend: 70%+ good quality dark chocolate)
Optional decorations: Raw Cacao Nibs, Desiccated Coconut, Roasted Almond flakes
- Prepare a small rectangular plastic container (Tupperware) or baking tray by lining it with baking or wax paper. Make sure it covers the container and folds over the sides. This will make it easier for you to pull the set bars out of the container and still keeping its shape.
- Prepare your Healthy Girl Vanilla Crunch Protein ball mixture as per the instructions on the back of the packaging or go to the recipe right here on the website.
- Once the protein ball mixture has been made you spoon the mixture into your prepared container. Using the back of a spoon flatten the mixture out, covering the whole container. Remember you are making bars so make sure the mixture is flattened out to nice thickness. Change the size of your container according to how thick or thin you would like the mixture to spread out to. I make them about one finger thickness or more.
- Smooth out the top of the mixture and then pop your container in the fridge to set for about an hour or two.
- After the mixture has set hard you can start to melt your chocolate. Leave the bars in the fridge until the chocolate is ready because the bars will soften and that makes it harder to cut and cover in chocolate.
- Place your chocolate in a glass bowl by breaking it up as small as possible to help it melt quicker.
- Use boiling water from a kettle and either pour it into a small pot or into another glass bowl. You only need to fill about half the bowl with boiling water. You then place the glass bowl with the dark chocolate on top (it should just fit halfway into the pot or bowl so that the hot water in the bottom bowl heats up the bowl to melt the chocolate) and then allow the chocolate to melt. Stir every now and then to help it melt quicker.
- While the chocolate is melting, take your bars out of the fridge and out of the container. Pull it away from the wax or baking paper and place on a chopping board. Using a long sharp knife cut into long rectangular bars or into small squares, your choice. Place back in the fridge to stay cool.
- Now once the chocolate is melted completely remove from the heat and take the bars out of the fridge. Prepare another chopping board with wax or baking paper ready for the chocolate covered bar to be placed on to it, this is so once the chocolate has set you can easily remove from the wax paper later on.
- Have your decorating items ready to go and create a production line with the bars, melted chocolate and decorations, as you need to move quickly. Place the bars one at a time into the melted chocolate, then with a spoon quickly spoon melted chocolate over the top and sides of the bar so it is completely covered. Then quickly with a fork gently lift the bar out of the chocolate and allow for the excess chocolate to run off. Place the bar onto the wax paper and then quickly sprinkle your decorations on before the chocolate sets. Repeat this process with each bar.
- Place your chocolate covered bars into the fridge to set for another hour or two and they are ready to eat
For more Healthy Girl recipes click here.
Be sure to follow Andene on Instagram @healthygirl_with_a_sweettooth
Take your Healthy Girl Vanilla Crunch Protein DIY Protein Ball mix (shop here) to a whole new level with this easy recipe.