- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 600g pack of meatballs
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
- 1 vegetable stock cube, dissolved in 250ml boiling water
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp cornflour mixed with a little water
- 8 Peppadews from a jar, drained
- Few sprigs fresh coriander
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and peppers and cook for 5 min to soften. Add the garlic and meatballs and cook for a further 5 min until brown.
- Stir the sun-dried tomato paste into the vegetable stock and pour into the pan along with the chopped tomatoes. Season to taste, stir well, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat. Cover and simmer gently for 20 min until the vegetables are tender and the meatballs are cooked through.
- Stir in the cornflour paste and Peppadews and heat through for 2 min to thicken slightly. Top the meatballs with a few sprigs of the fresh coriander to serve.