Time to jazz up that go-to tomato soup recipe. We’ve upped the goodness, adding more veg and herbs for a tasty, hearty broth.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small red onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1ℓ hot vegetable stock
- ½ cauliflower, broken into florets
- 3 carrots, cut into chunks
- 4 pieces Tenderstem broccoli, halved
- 400g canned butter beans, drained
- Small bunch of basil leaves
- Grated cheese, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the red onions for a few min, to soften. Add the crushed garlic, canned tomatoes and vegetable stock. Season generously with salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Add the cauliflower and carrots, return to the boil and simmer for 15 min. Add the broccoli and butter beans and cook for 5 more min. Serve sprinkled with basil leaves and grated cheese.
Recipes and food styling by Felicity Barnum-Bobb and Katy McClelland Photographs by Clive Streeter Props styling by Sue Radcliffe